Thursday, January 19, 2012

A hair blog is not a blog unless......

.....you got pictures!!!!. Here I will document my hair journey in pictures. Well to be fair I started really retaining length beginning Summer of 08 or thereabouts. The secret to this was constantly wearing weaves for an entire year. It actually happened by accident because prior to that, I had done braids but realised that they weren't for me. I'd keep them in for a little too long, neglecting to take care of my hair underneath the braids. As a result, when taking them out, I'd often see little chunks of my hair clinging happily onto the comb and ending up in the bin. 
Ok, I think I've said enough. Let the pics do the talking now.

Summer 2006...split ends..hair not looking great


so I decided to get a trim (Dec 06) and after that went under the weave..it was at this point the chronic 'weaving' started


I let my hair breathe for st. Pats day (March 07) and then went 'undercover' again.


This one was taken by my sis (August 2007) without my knowledge. We were both shocked at how healthy my hair was looking.


December 2007, posing as usual *covers face*.


Move on to April 2008 (Birthday time!!! :D... - Side shot


front view


cheat photo- July 2008. One thing I hated about my hair, which is quite visible in this photo was how thin my hair was whenever I flat ironed it.


Now this was when the craze began!!!
Summer of 2009 when my unhealthy hair obsession began.

July 2009 - side view


same day- back view



Also July 2009.. i started becoming a 'happy snapper', taking pics of my hair at every given opportunity. I would not lie sha it made me happy when people weave-checked my hair...and you know our people, they just stick in their fingers in your hair without any warning....sigh!


Cheat picture... I wanted that BSL so bad....lol!!



August 09...this was how I loved wearing my hair most of the time- in a blown out state. It made it look full.



By November 09, I got my first brazillian blowout..the heat was A-LOT and even though I was very heat conscious I made this the exception.


I also got my first professional trim with the blowout. Now what was interesting was that this salon was literally right beside where I lived, so it was all too convenient.



I paid them another visit that December...and this was the first time I had a caucasian do my hair. Oh boy was I scared to bits..but I guess it turned out ok.


side view



......and that's all for now folks!!!

xoxo
Miss Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment